Your yacht is likely one of your largest investments. Yachts are expensive, complex, and quite difficult to repair and repaint. That’s why you shouldn’t take yacht painting lightly.
At OP Yacht Services, we’re experts in yacht painting services in Fort Lauderdale. If you are thinking about repainting your yacht, but don’t know where to start when picking yacht painting services, you’re in the right place.
In this article, we’ll go over 5 “Dos” and “Don’ts” of yacht painting, to help you make the right decisions! Let’s get started.
- Ask a yacht painting service what products they use – You want to make sure that they are not cutting costs by using inferior paint.
- Get information about past projects, and customer testimonials – Any legitimate painting service provider will be willing to show you past projects and discuss their cost, and put you in touch with previous customers.
- Request a written quote for your project – A written quote lets you ensure you’re getting a good rate, and can be used to negotiate if you shop around multiple painting service providers.
- Look at pictures of past repainting and renovation projects – Getting detailed photos of a past project is the best way to judge the quality of a paint job, and a painting service provider.
- Ensure the service provider has adequate painting facilities – Ideally, your yacht should be painted inside, in a temperature-controlled environment. This means a higher cost, but much better overall results.
- Pick a non-specialist painting service – Don’t rely on a “jobber”, or another non-specialist painter to paint your yacht. Yacht painting is a specialized field – and it uses techniques that most boat painting shops do not have access to. Choose a specialize yacht painting service.
- Try to paint your yacht on your own – If you saw the cost of your yacht painting project and decided to go DIY, we don’t blame you. It’s expensive! But you know what’s more expensive? Cleaning up a DIY paint job that goes awry. Painting a yacht is hard. That’s why it costs so much – and that’s why you likely don’t have the tools or skills to do it on your own.
- Skimp on materials and paint – If you tell your yacht painting company to use the cheapest available paint and other materials to cut costs, guess what? You won’t get a good result. It’s just that simple.
- Have your yacht painted outside – Having a yacht painted outside is a bad idea, even in ideal weather conditions. Fluctuations in heat and humidity can lead to poor results, and dust and other debris can harm the integrity of your paint.
- Choose the lowest cost yacht painting provider – You get what you pay for. If you shop around for a few quotes, it may be tempting to just choose the cheapest one. This is not always a bad idea, but you should make sure that you have a solid understanding of a painter’s past results – before you commit to a long-term project. Chances are that the cheapest company will deliver poor results.
Need A Yacht Painting Company In Fort Lauderdale? Contact Us Today!
At OP Yacht Restoration, we have worked on some of the largest and most expensive yachts in the world. Our reputation for excellence precedes us. If you want the very best results for your project, we are the best choice.
Don’t wait. Learn more about what we do by visiting our gallery of past projects, and contact us for an appointment and evaluation today.